Residential Fire at Halwill

  Posted: 17.11.19 at 08:48 by The Editor

us on Facebook



Date: 17.11.2019
Time: 05:50
Location: Halwill

Fire Control received a call reporting smoke coming from an electrical cupboard within a residential home in Halwill earlier this morning. 
Fire engines from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh , Okehampton and an Aerial Ladder Platform from Danes Castle were quickly mobilised and soon arrived on scene. Upon arrival, crews confirmed that smoke was issuing from a ground floor electrical cupboard .
Crews got to work using 2 x breathing apparatus, 1 x hose reel jet, 1 x covering jet and 1 x dry powder extinguisher and were able to extinguisher the fire. 
The cause of the fire was accidental and crews left the incident with Western Power.  

Next Holsworthy news item...

Fantastic New Playing Field for Holsworthy

Torridge District Council is pleased to announce that the ownership of the new playing field at Clifton Heights Holsworthy has been transferred to the...
Read more...


Share: