Posted: 30.10.19 at 16:48 by The Editor
Location: Tetcott near Holsworthy
Fire crews from Holsworthy were mobilised to a report of a potential chimney fire in a farm property in Tetcott.
Upon arrival they confirmed a fire that had spread from the chimney breast into a wooden beam and requested a further fire engine for extra personnel which came from Launceston.
Crews used thermal imaging equipment, small tools to cut away and reveal the beam, as well as a hose reel jet and a fogging spike to extinguish the fire.
Acro props were also utilised from a local builder to assist in stabilising the beam.
The cause of the fire was accidental which resulted in approximately 50% damage to the beam.