Chimney Fire at Ashwater nr Holsworthy

  Posted: 01.12.19 at 18:48 by The Editor

us on Facebook

Date: 01.12.2019
Time: 12:34
Location: Ashwater nr Holsworthy

A fire appliance from Holsworthy was initially mobilised to a chimney fire, involving a wood burning stove at a property in Ashwater earlier this afternoon.

This incident was not straight forward and ended up requiring a further fire appliance from Hatherleigh and an aerial ladder platform, which came from Crownhill in Plymouth, to assist with firefighting from the hearth ground floor level and roof level (chimney pot).

Crews extinguished the fire before checking for hotspots using a thermal imaging camera. Once satisfied and the area made safe, duty of care was left with the occupants. The incident was brought under control at 16:30hrs.

Torridge and Town Councils will once again be supporting local businesses and shoppers with free parking days in Council Car Parks in the run up to Ch...